Pediatric dentistry focuses on the oral health of children from infancy through their teens. At ICDC, we have years of experience in taking care of children’s teeth, gums and mouth at various stages of their development and addressing dental needs of children.
Milk teeth start erupting as early as six months in most children and by 6-7 years of age till the age of 13 the milk teeth are replaced with permanent teeth. Lack of good oral hygiene may result in decay and diseases that may cause pain and complications that last a lifetime. Studies reveal that today dental caries is the most chronic childhood ailment among children aged 5-15 years. Early checkups help prevent cavities and tooth decay, which can lead to pain, trouble concentrating and other medical issues.
Our dentists aim to provide optimal dental care in a gentle and caring environment for their twenty baby teeth during those 8 years. Our primary focus is on education, prevention and early treatment in order to avoid future problems. Some of our services include but are not limited to:
- Providing oral health examination that includes assessment of risk of caries in mother and baby.
- Preventive dental care which includes diet recommendations, cleaning instructions, fluoride treatments etc.
- Counseling on habits such as thumb sucking or using pacifiers.
- Early assessment and treatment for orthodontics or alignment of teeth and incorrect bite problems.
- Early detection and treatment of cavities or defects.
- Management of gum disease including ulcers etc.
- Management of dental traumas including sports injuries.
- Diagnosis of oral conditions those are associated with hay fever, diabetes, asthma, congenital heart disease etc.
It is important to understand that children do not have patience like adults and may not cooperate during a dental examination or procedure. Hence, the expertise and skill of the pediatric dentists plays a crucial role. At ICDC, we try to create a fun-filled, friendly, social and comfortable environment for the child. In addition, our ambience and set up is designed keeping children in mind to provide positive experiences and remove the fear of dental treatments. If you wish to know more, please schedule an appointment to hear more about our children’s dentistry practice.